Challenges of running your own business
I have to share that my confidence is very shaky. For the past 9 weeks I've been writing a business plan and I have wanted to quit this whole biz thing on several occasions and just go back to finding a regular day job. But I keep on going.
My fears about running my own business:
- I’m going to loose all my money doing it
- It wont succeed
- I don’t have a good enough idea
- I’m not creative enough
- What if I end up resenting it
- I’m self taught and I don’t have the right ‘credentials’
- It’ll take away time from doing other things
- There is so much competition
- I’m gonna have to ‘put myself out there’
- No one is gonna care and I’ll waste a lot of time and money
Reasons why I’m gonna keep doing it anyway:
- I AM creative!
- I can always take courses and learn from professionals in the future if I want to get credentials
- It’ll force me to interact with people in my community (and I might make new friends along the way :)
- I’ll spend my savings in my business carefully and keep testing the waters without going into debt
- There is only one Lutska - I stand out by being myself and that's literally the best I can do
- I MAKE the time to do other things like music. It might not be a lot of time, but I will still keep it as a part of my life.
I’m done pumping myself up haha! I don’t know why I just spontaneously made that list, writing these updates has a way of digging into my subconscious and clearing some junk out!